Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm a Christian, but I'm also a Sinner

I'm not the perfect Christian, and I don't think I will ever be. And that's okay with me.
That's what is so awesome about my religion. That's what is so UNBELIEVABLE about my religion. God knew me before I had life. God knew I was going to say this. God knew you were going to read this. God is everywhere, God is in the air we breathe, God is in the beautiful things we see, God is in what we feel. 


When I tell people I'm a Christian, I do it because I want to share my faith. I want to tell them how indescribable the feelings are. That I know something that no matter how much I study I will always learn more. That I pursue something that I will never fully grasp, but only hope too.
I'm not special. I am a human just like you. I am weak, I am no better than the person next to me, I stumble off the path, I do things I know I'll regret, I am a sinner, and I am lost. 


I base my faith on Jesus' teachings of unconditional love. Despite my sins and all the wrong I will do from this day to the end of my time, I have already been forgiven. I love how God is the only one that truly knows me. I love how God has shown Himself to me at some of the most pivotal points in my life. I love having Him as my teacher. I love how God gave His only Son to me and how Jesus gave up everything he had for me First. That is unbelievable.... and that is why I believe in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment