Sunday, August 9, 2015

21st Century Conformity


Con-form-i-ty:
-behavior in accordance with socially accepted conventions or standards.

I'm okay with conformity to a degree. You see, I wish I was a cowboy. A real one. A man like John Wayne; cattle driving, six shooter shooting, 10 foot tall kind of man. I dress like 21st cowboy and I try to look and live like the real ones. Although, I do put a twist to it. I also like to dress like the typical fraternity man. I wear shoes manufactured in America, I wear shirts with collared, my jeans are wranglers, and my favorite pair of boots are Ariats. There's a lot of guys that wear the same style of clothes as me. I don’t do it because that's the way everyone else dresses, well, maybe when I was 18. But now I wear that style because it is reserved, presentable, and hell the ladies like it.

That kind of conformity is okay with me.  The way someone dresses doesn't dictate who they are. I know I am completely different than the other types of guys that dress just like that. You see, it's our minds and what we choose to believe that makes people different. Not our clothes, the car we drive, or what type of job we have. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That means you can take any issue, any religion, or political platform and study them. You can formulate your own idea of whether it is true and right or wrong. You have the freedom to decide what you will support and what you won't.

I'm not okay with the type of conformists that see something on social media and automatically believe that's how something should be; or how something happened. Look at what you're seeing and question it. Then make your own opinion. 

The conformity I see today among young adults is quite different. Our world has shoved down our throats that in order to be accepted in society you must dress alike, think alike, and act alike. Identical people with different faces is the fashion today. This causes a big issue because most people today have accepted that ideal. Now, when society tells you their point of view you are most likely going to accept it. Do you even question it? How many people do you think see a controversial issue like Planned Parenthood selling the fetuses extracted from pregnant women?  Unless you live under a rock you have heard about it. Do you believe it? Why? And then you read in the newspaper that Planned Parenthood received taxpayer money from the government. The news stations are now insinuating that you, the taxpayer, are now aiding a baby killing company in their goal to rid the world of unwanted children. This is sick! But is it true. I guarantee a majority of the people watching these stations immediately believed that all of this has been happening. But why? Because it's a news station? How often are they caught lying? How many of you, instead of just accepting what you heard, actually googled Planned Parenthood's financials and confirmed they do receive money from the government? And then researched if Planned Parenthood was in fact selling fetuses and parts of babies they extracted from women? This issue is currently in the controversial stage. An independent investigation conducted by reporters brought this issue to the public. There has not been a confirmation that Planned Parenthood in fact took taxpayer money to fund extracting babies from mothers and then turned around and sold it to other companies. I am sure in due time this will be confirmed because those people are sick (my opinion). I bet less than 10% of the people that saw these headlines did any of their own research. Instead they probable just believed it! This is maddening.  

If you don't believe me. Why do all of your friends care about Cecil the lion now? Because the media told them it mattered. Why didn’t they care before? People have been hunting animals in Africa for hundreds of years! The man went on a paid hunt with a guide. Do you know how many animals are illegally poached in Africa every by people in Africa?! Go attack them.

If a news station went on air today and said "God is not real. We went outside and asked him to smite us and it didn't happen." Then they say asked a scientist if God was real and says, "God cannot be real because everything can be explained by science. Therefore, the news station states "God is not real." I wonder how many people would probable say, "okay maybe he isn't real."

Don't let this world control how you think. Don't be told what to believe and how you should treat it. Go out and do your research. Find out why something happened. Establish an opinion based on facts you found. Make your own choices and believe what you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment