Sunday, July 26, 2015

A letter to _____; My Future Wife

Have you been thinking of me? What do you picture? Do you think of the sound of my voice? Do you wonder what my personality is like? Do you wonder if I am like you? Do you wonder when you'll meet me? Or if you already have? I do. 

I think about you constantly. I think of what it will be like to hold your hand. But oddly, I think I already know what my future wife will be like. I know what to look for at least. I know the kind of woman I want to marry and I know you will satisfy all of my prerequisites and more. I pray to God for the day I meet you! Although it has not happened yet, I rejoice, for God has given you to me. Such a special; wonderful woman as you. Of all  the women in the world.. he selected you for me. As you're reading this, I say hold on! I am waiting as well. We have our whole lives to look forward to, together. 

I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do with you. To go on adventures that last a day or a week. To rediscover our love for each other date after date. I long to finally have a woman who I can confide in. The only person that I will be bound to for a lifetime. 

I can't wait to have nights alone with you, just you and me. I can't wait to make new friends throughout our lives and compile memory after memory into my heart. I can't wait to have moments with you that take my breath away. I can't wait to have our own bible study time. Learning about God in a whole new perspective. Me as a husband and you as my wife. 

I'm telling you now just like I will tell you when I ask you to marry me. I promise to be devoted. I know I am not perfect, but I will always be devoted to you. I will be devoted to my faith and yours. I will be devoted to our children and their faith. For as long as I live I promise to be devoted. 

So keep waiting, but don't make waiting your goal; have fun! I am waiting too. Until the day our lives become intertwined, enjoy life and praise God. He will decide the hour that we meet. I look forward to the day I get to learn your name.
                                                                                    -Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment