Friday, May 1, 2015

Christianity and Irony

Easter 2015


I find it quite ironic that Wisconsin beat Kentucky during Easter Weekend. To the majority of people watching basketball, I am sure this came as quite a shock. Roughly 2,000 years ago, there was a much larger event that shook our world. The death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I also believe a majority of Christians would agree the ideals and values of Christianity are constantly under attack by the media, government, and surrounding social groups. This disappoints me because I am sure they do not know who my God is. I can't see how a God who wants YOU to be a part of the greatest story ever told, is offensive.

My Lord, is The Lord of all who walk the earth. As foretold in the Old Testament, Jesus came speaking words of love, praising our God, and one mission. He was not afraid. He was not meek.  He wasn't a sheep… or a wolf. He told you how it was. He believed every man was equal, he believed every man had an opportunity to be saved, he believed in you. Jesus wants to share with humanity the greatest gift we could ever imagine, eternal life. All you have to do is believe in him and the rest comes naturally. He has already done all of the work. He sacrificed himself for you, first.

He didn't come to this world and sacrifice himself for the sins of Christians. He came here for you and me. He came for the Jews, Christians, non-believers, Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. 
All of you. 
All of you are forgiven and welcomed to be a part of His way.

Christianity is not offensive. The only way my religion can be construed as offensive, is by welcoming you to be a part of it.   He is Risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment