Monday, September 29, 2014

Who am I?

I recently decided to write about who I was. I know who I am. I knew I wanted to make something of myself. I knew growing up without much, I didn't want to have to keep working two jobs. I knew it back in high school when I told my mom "I don''t need an x-box, I'm outside making money." I wanted more. But all I had ever done was focus on the future.

I have always known who I was... or so I thought. Until I sat down and attempted to write it, I found myself sitting at the computer screen, looking at a blank page and wondering, "who am I?" I just couldn't start firing away.

I 'm a single guy looking for the right one and I asked myself, "how am I talking to new women, when I don't even know what to write about myself sitting alone in my room?"

So I reassessed my whole life and focused on three things.

___________________________________________________________________

I went to Texas Tech, I live near the Galleria, and I work in the most exuberant industry on the planet. Three things I enjoy are people, history, and finding new things to do. I appreciate people, I like to talk, tell stories, make jokes, I'm a goofy person and like to show it. There are not many things that can give you the happiness people do. I also welcome intellectual conversations and believe in a relationship you should have both.

I am in awe of every history story ever told, I blame my grandpa. I love pirates because they are rebels, I love the Scottish heritage because they died for what they believed in, I love American history because generations of my family have been here before 1776. I love old war stories from the days of Alexander to Marcus Luttrell; because not every man can be as brave as them. I love books about powerful men because there's no better place to learn. But there is one book I love more than any other. Everyone needs a passion in their life.

I was born to be a hiker, climber, runner, outdoorsman, and hunter. I enjoy everything about being outside. I do a lot of hunting. I love the country. God gave us this world to enjoy, he spent 5 days creating it and only one day creating mankind. Speaking of creation, the last thing God ever created was a woman.

I like to travel. Two stepping in Luckenbach, visit Jacob's well, go to painted rock, see pearl harbor, and visit the museums in Houston are some of the things I want to do. The road of life is a dead end, I make the best of it. You have to be able to fly by the seat of your pants.

Last but not least, Jesus plays a big role in my life. That's my number one requirement.

This is the first time I have written down who I am.
____________________________________________________________________

I think everyone should do this. I am going to print this out and read it everyday. 





"Know Thyself"



No comments:

Post a Comment