Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Two Doors



I feel like I'm stuck between two sets of doors. You know the ones you walk through when you go through a large building or a library? I can't decide which to walk through. Each door leads to a completely different life for me. I have one that tells me to walk through and I'll be straight and narrow.  Not as much fun but it would be a good life. The other door tells me that I will have a different kind of life, but also in a bad way. I live in darkness. I'll do things I want no one to know about. I will satisfy my temporary feelings of lust and euphoria. I will live a life society perceives as cool. And every so often I open the door and peer off into the distance and see these things taunting me. Tempting me. And every now and then I will touch the other door, a clean door. A door that welcomes as well, but to hold you to a standard as a condition. I am tossed between the confusion of now and my future. Divided between my mind and my physical humanly desires. I'm stuck between the bible and the unwritten laws of humanity. I fight to see a light but as I try one door I find myself between the two again and again. I wish that it would be so easy to take a door and lock it! Because the door that holds my salvation is entered but I find myself sucked back through the two doors in the underworld.  A constant battle I am in. A constant pursuit to find the light. And upon finding this light, retaining it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment